API Integrations with Rapid
At Rapid Global, we recognise the importance of immediate and easy data accessibility. We know businesses rely upon a variety of third-party software solutions integrating together to achieve integral goals in their day-to-day operations. Our commitment to our clients extends beyond reducing risk in the workplace; we strive to promote efficiency, build positive relationships and reduce costs within your organisation.
With this in mind, we have developed an Application Programming Interface (API) which serves as the underlying technology allowing your business to access your data with ease from your Rapid Global suite of products. A seamless integration of this nature is appealing not only for its efficiency and ease but also its diversity; because in today’s world software helps connect people and businesses.
Using our API opens the door to a wide range of possibilities. For example, you can use the API to:
- Automatically update the Host List in your Rapid Visitor Access Kiosk using data sourced from your LDAP server (e.g. Active Directory or OpenLDAP)
- Integrate your HR management software with Rapid Induct to automate the induction process for new employees
- Synchronise your Asset Management system with Rapid Permit to Work to further enhance the way you track, manage and control who can work on your site
- Integrate your Finance System with Rapid Contractor Management to automate compliance processes, thus increasing prevention of Work Orders being assigned to non-compliant contractors
FOR MORE DETAILS ON OUR API GO TO:
WHAT TYPE OF API DO YOU HAVE?
We utilise a RESTful API.
When using our API, your application will have access to your Rapid Global system’s data on behalf of your users or integrated software platforms. As a result, each user or application that needs to access data from your Rapid Global system will be required to authenticate themselves to verify their identity. This is to ensure and to protect the integrity of your data.
OAuth 2.0 is the protocol used for authentication. Applications are required to pass their login credentials in order to generate a Bearer Token which is then used in subsequent requests.
WHAT DATA FORMAT DOES YOUR API ACCEPT?
We support the JSON data format.
WHAT HTTP METHODS DOES YOUR API SUPPORT?
WHAT SORT OR RESPONSE CODES WILL THE API RETURN?
We return HTTP Status codes including:
- 200 Success (Request was successful – may include response body)
- 400 – Bad Request (malformed or missing data)
- 401 – Unauthorised (need a token or username/password is incorrect)
- 404 – Not Found (URL is incorrect or unable to find requested resource – i.e. the Work Order ID doesn’t
- 500 – Internal Server Error (something went wrong on our side)